Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Another outing with the Lyman Plains Bullet

Ok, went back out again, exact same load but I used the larger 4 1/2" red bullseye to aim at. Without a doubt this is a guaranteed accurate load! First shot I swabbed the bore completely clean, and as it shows, its aprox 1 1/2" higher then the follow 2 shots on a dirty bore. I can handle that during hunting season!

This 3 shot - 100 yard group measures 1 3/4" There is no possible way I could hope to shrink this down! I'm using a german silver front sight and a traditional lyman great plains rifle rear sight. Pretty "primitive" but I see them super clear and have had no trouble in the past with them. If anything, I will have to drift the rear sight over a touch to the left to bring the group more towards the center.

Traditions St.Louis Hawken .50cal, 28" barrel, 1:48 twist, 80gr Alliant Black MZ, 395gr Lyman Plains bullets @ 100 yards. 

This group measures 1 3/4" center  to center. 


No comments:

Post a Comment