Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Lyman Plains Bullet .50cal 395gr Test Continues

100 yard testing with the .50cal 395 grain Lyman Plains Bullet
Out on the range today in a T shirt! Gorgeous cloudless sky, perfect for shooting. One minor set back, my contacts are a little old and so I keep having to blink to get them clear before I squeeze the trigger. Another set back, I was tilting my rifle with the badly off center target holder and so I was struggling with the shots going to the right. Once I caught onto this, I corrected it and put the last 3 shots well under 3" in the bulls eye ( one slightly outside,left of the black )

I used the Traditions St.Louis Hawken .50cal 28" barrel with 1:48 twist and 80gr Alliant Black MZ with the home cast 395gr Lyman Plains bullet. Outstanding bullet! What's crazy... Its shooting same POI as my patched round ball load!

Target was shot from 100 yards. Final 3 shots are in the black.
 
This turned out to be one hell of an accurate bullet! 
 All bullets were lubed with Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube. No swabbing between shots.
 Alliant Black MZ shot beautifully today even though its not known as a top performing powder with consistent Velocity. However, I don't think an elk would know the difference!
I do believe this will make a gorgeous elk tamer this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment